Special COVID-19 Coverage Offer for Individual Life Policy
Details on Special COVID-19 Coverage* are as follows:
Period of Offer: new policies issued between 1st October 2021 to 31st December 2021
Period of Coverage: ninety (90) days from policy risk commencement date
Applicable Products: all new and existing products, except 1-year term individual and group products
Waiting Period: fourteen (14) days starting from the policy risk commencement date
Premium: no additional charge
Eligibility: Insured with policies issued within the Period of Offer
Benefit: Additional death benefit of 60% of the Sum Insured (Death Due to Illness) or US$6,000, whichever is lower, is payable due to death from COVID-19
*Terms and Conditions:
- This special COVID-19 coverage benefit is a one-time payment per Insured regardless of the number of in-force policies. In case the Insured has more than one (1) policy, the policy with the highest amount of benefit shall be payable.
- In order to be eligible for this special COVID-19 coverage, the policy must be in-force at the time of death.
- This special COVID-19 coverage is only applicable for death due to COVID-19 within Cambodia during the Period of Coverage and after passing the Waiting Period. Supporting documents issued by the Ministry of Health (MoH) and/or relevant authorities in Cambodia is required.
- This special COVID-19 coverage will be deemed invalid in the case that the Insured defies the government ban for traveling or visiting a specific area of Cambodia which is restricted due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
- This special COVID-19 coverage is not applicable to any Insured who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to the submission of the insurance application to GC Life.
- No additional document or endorsement to the insurance contract shall be issued for this special COVID-19 coverage.
- Within thirty (30) days after the death of the Insured due to COVID-19, the Insured’s legal representative shall notify GC Life and submit a claim application together with supporting documents including but not limited to the COVID-19 positive test result and death certificate evidencing death is due to COVID-19 issued by the MoH and/or relevant authority.
- GC Life reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at the Company’s sole discretion without any prior notice.